Of unending lush green backdrops…
If you are looking for a relaxed, nothing-on-my-list kinda getaway, then this is the place for you. Read on to find out…
So far, we have posted about our road trip to Mahabaleshwar on Instagram.
- We made an impromptu plan of one night
- Booked a self drive car
- Realized we can extend our trip by a day
- And voila – drove to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai
- For the pure thrill of driving. We don’t own a car, and we love impromptu trips. I mean… who wouldn’t want to drive to the Western Ghats? Moreover, some travel is better than no travel at all! That’s why we never shy away from mini getaways
- For those who aren’t sure, Mahabaleshwar is a hill station known for strawberries. It’s a valley-bound plateau with reasonably cool-cold temperature by nights
How to get there?
- Well within 270 kms, it took us six hours to get there
- We went via Bangalore-Mumbai Highway
- NH 48
- Wai and Wai-Surur Road
- And finally Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar Road
- For everything else, there’s Google Maps :p
Things to do at Mahabaleshwar:
- Strawberry farm visit: Season begins around mid-November, although the best time is between Dec-Feb. Irrespective, you’ve got to try the famous Strawberry and Cream for sure
- Hiking: When at Mahabs, you got to go hik-hik-hiking. Explore the best-suited trails or simply go on casual hikes from sunset points. To avoid getting lost, do your research beforehand, carry/download a map or hire a guide
- Nursery tour: There are plenty of nurseries to visit and buy potted plants from
- Mapro: Overrated, crowded, and not really something we would enjoy. If you don’t mind a touristy spot, go for it
- Nature trails: There are a lot of waterfalls, springs, dams, etc. that you can visit
- Beautiful views: Head to different points such as Wilson Point, Arthur’s Seat, Elephant’s Head Point, etc. for beautiful views. We drove to a wonderful, lesser-known sunset spot just in time, and happened to spot the sun setting in between hillocks and valleys. It’s reflection by the lake was phenomenal
For other places, check our previous blog post -> Impromptu Road Trip to Mahabaleshwar
Where we stayed…
We booked two nights at Courtyard by Marriott Mahabaleshwar that overlooks the valley and we were smitten by the views.
See for yourself:
We relaxed by the poolside, doodled at the balcony, and took multiple tours of the property post-meals.
We’d wake up early to the sounds of nature & birds chirping, and wind up the day dreaming of nothing but the lush greens.
Look at that view… says it all, doesn’t it?
We didn’t want to head back from such a refreshing break at one of the most beautiful hotels at Mahabaleshwar.
For travel consultation, get in touch with us.
We help you travel smarter!
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or reach out to us on social media: Instagram | Facebook
**Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Lyf&Spice talks purely out of experience. What may suit us, may not work for you. However, we’ve intended to collate handy tips in a single post to help you get the essence of the town better. Make sure you carry necessary permits, pay relevant taxes, and follow Covid-19 protocols. Plan your trip smart and have fun!
2 thoughts on “Weekend Getaway and Things to Do at Mahabaleshwar”
Now that is interesting! Thank you for sharing… 🙂
You missed Kate’s Point.The echoing there is great.As per folklore,Kate went horseriding there since the view was nice.Horse tripped and Kate fell down the cliff and did not recover.We went there on scooter,drove up from Pune.
LikeLiked by 1 person