Winding up 2017…
We are really happy to end the year on a wonderful note with brilliant travel plans that worked out so well for us all year. 2017 was all about exploring Southeast Asia. 2018 should be focused on other countries of Asia – let’s see how it goes. Thanks to you all for browsing through our blog and constantly supporting us. It only motivates us to do better and uncover stories from fresh angles every now and then.
A lot has been learned, experienced and checked off our bucket-list this year. This post is a tad different from the rest as it is dedicated to YOU – yes, you! You have been messaging and chatting with us over the past couple of months and have been posting queries, asking questions etc. etc.
So here we are, picking the best 10 questions to calm your curiosity 😉 This is a dedicated post to our top 10 FAQs about us and our blog Lyf&Spice…
- Your best travel moments of 2017:
L&S: Some of them would be:
- Kayaking in Halong Bay, Vietnam
- Gondola-riding, cave-tubing and cliff-diving at Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Gazing at the most gorgeous sunsets from our hotel window
- Hiking in Luang Prabang, Laos
- Diving through caves and coral tunnels in Perhentian Islands
- What kind of a traveller are you?
- We hadn’t really thought of this earlier. We realized that we have no particular style or pattern of travelling. We are just carefree, impulsive travellers who like indulging in adventurous activities and immersing in the culture and traditions of the locals.
- What are your best travel moments?
- The best travel moments are those that revolve around sunsets, beaches, nature trails and experiencing a new side of the town.
- Do you always travel as a couple?
- No, although our travel styles are pretty similar and we are each other’s best travel buddies, we don’t necessarily travel together all the time. We like to travel as a couple, solo or with friends or family – a mix of all.
- How do you divide your roles?
- I (Aditi) write, take pictures, conduct in-depth researches and discover local food while Amit books the tickets, looks for good deals and identifies a unique spot and activity in each destination. When I travel without him, I do all of this on my own (minus ticket-booking ;))
- Do you guys go gadget-free or are you constantly clicking on the go?
- Well, we keep a day aside each vacation to engage in a mutually agreed upon activity. On that day, we leave our phones and cameras at the hotel, wander the city on foot and capture the moments through our eyes.
- What do you both enjoy the most during travel?
- Each other’s company, sunsets, city walks and some bizarre food together.
- Who is the more adventurous one?
- Amit, hands down! He’s always looking for something new and daring. I’m the crazier one though :p We never back out from trying something new or adventurous.
- While choosing a destination, what do you look for?
- Ticket prices, good local food, great culture and most of all – an unplanned itinerary to unfurl happy moments each day.
- Any travel advice?
- Enjoy your journey. Take it easy. It’s OK if things don’t go as planned. Stay happy.
Hope you enjoyed reading it. We wish you a very very Happy and Awesome 2018.
Check out our travel & food posts on Instagram
Read – Eat – Travel