Lyf&Spice has been nominated for 3 awards over the last 2 months. 🙂 Thank you, readers!! These awards are dedicated to each and every one of you for constantly supporting and encouraging Lyf&Spice to grow as a family.
Since it’s raining awards, and it’s high time I posted about them, let us begin. 😉
First off, thanks a ton to each and every one who nominated me and found my blog Lyf&Spice worthy of the award(s) – YOU ARE AWESOME! Secondly, apologies for the delay! Now, I can take a guilt-free plunge into the details…;)
These awards are online awards that are given by bloggers to fellow bloggers to encourage their blog and recognize their contribution in the blogosphere. Here’s what each of them look like and mean (based on my understanding)…
1. VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
Note of acknowledgement:
Thanks to Madhurima Dutta from The Other Side for nominating me for the award. I love her blog because it exudes so much positivity and energy, while focusing on hidden gems around the world. You have to check it out!
What is it?
The Versatile Blogger Award is given to those bloggers who bring something special to the table, including valuable content and unique topics through quality writing.
Write a post to thank the person who nominated you, write 7 random facts about yourself, nominate 7 others.
7 random facts about ME:
- I used to be very scared of water *until I became a certified Open Water Diver* 😉
- I am obsessed with keeping things clean *and organized*
- I charge my phone the moment the battery drops below 70%.. *panic attack*
- I love trying bizarre food *think of the weirdest ones*
- I take up a new adventure/sport/activity every trip *something challenging*
- I love talking to an audience *Just give me a mike*
- I like burgers ‘without’ cheese *yeah.. cheese turns me off*
My nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Digital Travel Guru
- Creative Travel Guide
- Girl With The Passport
- Intentional Expat
- Travel Notes & Beyond
- A Sprinkle of Everything
- Following the Rivera
‘Coz I love your blogs and the work that you do ❤ Congrats!!
2. BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD:
Note of acknowledgement:
A big big thank you to Anne-Marie and Vanessa and for nominating Lyf&Spice for the award. I am humbled. Anne-Marie, a passionate traveller and food fanatic, documents food stories from around the world in the form of smart recipes in her brillaint blog Foodprints Across The Globe. Click that button now! Vanessa Ball from Wanders Miles is an ardent traveller and shares off-beat travel experiences, glimpses of local culture and snippets of her adventure travel. You have to stop by her blog!
What is it?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to recognize and appreciate bloggers for the effort they put in, or in other words, impact the blogoshphere.
Write a post to thank the blogger who nominated you along with a link to their blog, talk about how your blog started, give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers, and nominate 15 bloggers for the same. Comment on their blogs to let them know about it + share the link to the post you create.
Lyf&Spice – How it all began:
Lyf&Spice was started to document my mood and random thoughts. It eventually branched out to food and travel. I realized my consuming love for the 2 undying flavours of life (Lyf) – Travel & Food, and embarked on a journey to document travel & food stories and take you along, on a virtual tour.
2 Pieces of Advice to New Bloggers:
Well, I’m no expert in blogging, but when given the chance to offer ‘free advice’, who wouldn’t grab it, eh? 😉
- Go ‘get’ your dreams – be persistent and don’t fade away…
- Be genuine – and honest to yourself, your blog and your readers…
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
Yayy!! Great blog(s), guys! Congrats… and best wishes!!
3. SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Thank you, Kate from A Sprinkle of Everything , for nominating me for the award. I am honoured. Kate’s blog is the perfect mix of deep thoughts, great quotes and important lessons in life. Do take a look at her site.
What is it?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, inspiring and spread positive vibes and sunshine in the life of their readers.
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog, answer 11 questions asked by them, nominate 11 others and ask them 11 questions, let the nominees know, and display the badge on your post.
- How long have you been blogging?
- For a little over 2 years now
- Why did you start blogging?
- To provide a space for my thoughts and randomness, and give it some direction.
- What has been the hardest part of being a blogger?
- Being consistent. However, I did my best to stay put.
- Tell us a little about where you are from.
- I’m from Bangalore, India and am currently residing in Malaysia.
- Do you have any pets?
- No 🙂
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Write, try new food, make videos
- If money was no object, where you like to travel?
- Simple – The Globe!
- How many blogs do you read regularly?
- At least 10/week
- What do you do for a living?
- Blogging, writing, editing
- Do you have any siblings?
- Yes, 1. She is quite a handful 😉
- What does being nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award mean to you?
- That my work is being recognized, and I’m happy to share useful tips and provide some happiness and sunshine in the life of others.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Congratulations guys! Love your style. Wish you all the best!!
My questions to you:
- When did you start blogging?
- What keeps you motivated?
- Who is your inspiration (in life)?
- How often do you travel?
- What is your favourite destination?
- 2 favourite food items.
- What are your hobbies?
- If you were given a free one-way ticket, where would you go?
- What makes you happy?
- How do you begin your day?
- Your favourite quote.
Versatile Blogger Award, Sunshine Blogger Award and Blogger Recognition Award … and it’s a wrap! It was a tough choice to nominate just a few out of the amazing pool of bloggers. Congrats nominees!! 🙂 Once again, thanks to you readers.. Lyf&Spice promises to continue providing travel and food tales on the go, and take you on a virtual journey with us!
Happy week peeps!!