Cheers to healthy drinking…
What? Did someone say cabbage? Yes, you heard that right!
Cabbage by itself is a very strong vegetable when it comes to flavour and odour. In order to make it less pungent and palatable, you can add one or more of the following to the healthy blend:
- Take 1 small cabbage, cut into small pieces and put it in a blender.
- Add water to dilute it, along with a pre-blended paste of any other vegetable.
- Use a strainer to filter the liquid portion into a tumbler.
- Add salt to taste.
Stir, sip, enjoy!
What’s in it for you…
- Good source of antioxidants.
- It has phytochemicals in the form of indoles that prevent oxidative damage.
- It helps in healing ulcers owing to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is rich in micronutrients like vitamins B,C and iodine.
- It has a large amount of fibre, good for the bowel.
- Its sulphur content deals with unwanted bacteria and viruses along the GI-tract.
- It could cause gas –> dilute it / add a supplementary veggie to it.
- People with hypothyroidism –> should avoid cabbage.
2 thoughts on “How about a Cabbage Shot!”
Great! Thanks for the tip… 🙂
Good one. Cabbage can be very toxic if bitter. So taste before making juice. If only cabbage juice is taken for few days can help in weight reduction.
LikeLiked by 1 person