Travelling to Malaysia?
You ought to have these apps downloaded on your smart phones:
- Uber: This app has taken Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru by storm. All that you have to do is create an account, sign in and request for a cab. It detects your location and sends you cab and driver details within seconds. The best feature is that you can track the cabs/drivers in real-time and you will see that Uber is 35-40% cheaper than regular cabs in many cities.
- Grab Taxi: A direct competitor to Uber, Grab Taxi or MyTeksi is spread across Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Johor Bahru, Malacca, Penang, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. Running on the principle of speed, safety and certainity, this swift app offers a number of options: GrabTaxi (budget or premium taxi), GrabCar (on-demand chauffeur service), GrabBike (on-demand motorbike service for those running short on time) and GrabExpress (delivery services for documents, gifts and parcels).
- Easy Taxi: Thanks to this app at Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru, cab booking in these cities is just a click away. With upgrades and enhanced user experience, Easy Taxi has an interesting feature of messaging the driver on the go.
- EzCab: Currently operating at Klang Valley, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Cyber Jaya and coming soon to Johor Bahru and Seremban, it supports phone booking too. It has come up with some new updates such as notifying your loved one when you are onboard and non-disclosure of your mobile number to the driver.
- ComfortDelGro Taxi Booking App: This app at Kuala Lumpur has features like location tracking, booking through SMS, adding notes to the driver etc. Options like advance booking, adding to favourites and checking the status are also available.
- Turn on your GPS
- Look up for promo codes to get a free ride
- Download at least two apps before-hand, just in case one is over-booked