The big bites…
Those cheesy bites, those grilled patties of lamb and beef, those shakes to go with it and yes, don’t forget the fries! This is what a BURGER means to most of us… When it comes to burgers, no one cares to think twice! The thought of calories takes a backseat and you end up saying – Bah! It’s a burger… I can always work out later!
Let’s take a quick look at some of the most fabulous burger joints of Delhi-Gurgaon:
1. Double Roti: This not-so-old burger joint is located at the first floor of the famous Galleria Market at Gurgaon. Famous for their immense range of oddly-named burgers, the most famous of them all is the Illegal Burger. Choose from a patty of lamb, chicken or beef, mixed with tasty gooey sauces, with some beans and leafy veggies thrown into it! Illegal too much? No worry, choose a relatively smaller-sized burger called the Barely Legal Burger. Besides these two, their other burgers worth a try are the 4th of July, Day Dreamer, Mexican Wave, There’s Something Fishy, Southern Spice, Porker Face etc. Team it with their Oreo-Shake, Peanut Butter Shake or iced drinks.
2. Johnny Rockets: Situated at Saket, Vasant Kunj and Gurgaon, this is one burger joint that offers an irresistible menu of burgers, with a number of toppings like chicken chilli, fried egg, grilled mushrooms, grilled bell peppers, jalapenos and bacon slices. Watch out for their Original Burger loaded with a lamb, tenderloin or chicken patty, filled with iceberg lettuce, tomato, chopped onions, relish, pickle, mustard and mayo. Vegetarians get to choose from aloo, ultimate veggie, mushroom or cajun paneer. Try out the Smoke House, Rocket Single or Double, Divine Delhi and NH1 burgers, amongst new ones like Nacho Maxx and Spicy Texan. If you want a good assortment of various burgers, order their Burger Sliders! Team them up with the oh-so-famous milk-shakes: Black Forest, Kit Kat, Mocha Fudge, Strawberry Oreo Crumble, Choco Peanut Butter etc.
3. Smokey’s BBQ & Grill: If you are at GK2 or Cyber Hub, Smokey’s is something you cannot miss! With various non-veg burgers like Six Chillies Chicken Burger, Fried Chicken and Sausage Gravy Burger etc., they have enough options for vegetarians too: Smokey’s Style Potato Burger, Cottage Cheese Burger, Curried Vegetable Burger, Crispy Veg Burger and more. Milk-shakes such as Fudge and Brownies, Orange and Berries, After 8, Cookies and Crumbs help gulp in those chunky cheese-laden burgers.
4. Cafe Delhi Heights: If you have stepped in to Cafe Delhi Heights, it is definitely for their Juicy Lucy Burger – a burger so juicy and massive, they actually put a knife at the centre to hold it together, to cut it open, to share it, to play with its ingredients! This tasty burger has minced lamb, seasoning, jalapenos and cheese. Add-on a dollop of extra cheese, fried egg or grilled mushrooms to it. It sells like hot cakes, so much so, that they actually maintain a daily count of the numbers sold at their board! Some of the other burgers available are Well Done Beef Burger, Open Chicken Burger, Delhi Burger etc.
5. Monkey Bar: Monkey Bar of Bangalore fame has been at Delhi for a while now. With branches at Connaught Place and Vasant Kunj, this pyramid-like glass encasement offers some of the most succulent burgers that leave your taste buds longing for more. Err… but beware its size! People who have been here swear by its MoBar Burger with a juicy tenderloin, mayonnaise, grilled onions and tomatoes, cheese and more cheese, bacon strips and fresh lettuce. Try out their Gastro and Chicken Kastu Burger too. Their killer cocktails go very well with these meaty bites! What tops it up is the theme of the night and blaring foot-tapping music!